Period: XVII century
The church dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel, was built in 1680, by Antonio de Acampora, who reserved burial for himself, and for his posterities, in the grave created at his own expense in the floor, as evidenced by the marble plaque affixed. It is made up by a single aisle and a small bell tower and, has on the inside, side walls arches supported by stonework columns. On the altar there is a polychrome oil painting depicting Saint Michael in the act of stabbing the devil, a colourful work of the seventeenth-century painter Andrea Malinconico.
The structure of the small building is typical of the ancient Agerola’s churches: the verticality of the exterior walls, the small window, the sheltering arc on the portal, which must originally have been much more protruding, and some bounding reinforcement.
The facade takes on a "simply monumental" aspect: a stone staircase made up of large steps which rise compared to the neighbouring environment.