Period: the seventeenth century
The original church , which originated from the nature of the place, is living testimony to the ancient origin of a site whose very name was symbolic of its location . Bridge was the township that placed the center of Agerola and served as a hub for connecting the four fractions: Pianillo , Campora , Bomerano , San Lazzaro . The church , the only one in the township , was elevated to a parish as a result of the incessant demands of the people, in November of 1644 . Church in origin , with the current porch , was a " a short tunnel " under which the road passed bridge connecting the villages of Agerola. Later he was made the new road that skirts the porch today and that made independent of the factory sacred . It suffered extensive damage in the earthquake of 1980 and therefore was affected by renovation work only to be reopened for worship .
The original church lacks a facade understood in the traditional sense of the term , in fact, for the ancient origin that made her part of the " tunnel " road today shows an unusual statement that opens with a porch marked by unequal bays and protected from the road with a simple railing . This contrasts with the " front " side , what was the mouth of the tunnel and is now considered the main entrance ; from here, through the arch , you enter the porch that preserves embedded in the walls of the church, two compositions of painted tiles . The church , whose interior has a luxurious decorations , develops a nave and side altars. The apse is surrounded by an elegant triumphal arch and shows an altar made of polychrome marble finely carved with scrolls placed at capialtare . In the apse is , embedding in a rich stucco frame , an important painting of the Holy Holder attributed to Maestro Andrea Vaccaro , according to scholars , presumably built it around 1650 . During the side altars , the first houses a beautiful painting of St. Anthony of Padua , attributed to the painter Michael Ragolia that would have completed the work in 1680 and the other shows a sculpture by an unknown artist , representative of St. Nicholas.