Period: XIX century
In previous centuries, this building was home to a bajulare Court for Agerola, Praiano and Vettica Maggiore. It was established there by Antonio Piccolomini (Pope Pius II's nephew and son of King Ferrante of Aragon) shortly after getting the Duchy of Amalfi as feud (1461).
The architectural redevelopment, which ended in November 2011, has given prestige and importance to a structure of so much historical and monumental value.
Today it houses the City Council Chamber "Pasquale Gentile", the historical section of the Municipal Library, with an adjoining classroom, and halls destined for exhibitions of works of art.
It is the home of Agerola Ethno-anthropological Museum.
EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED
May to September: AGEROLarte
Visual arts exhibitions - painting-sculpture-photography